Friday 2 December 2011

Feature Friday - Rainbow Lollies
















My featured artist for the week is a fellow creator whom I met through DUST and I have also had the lovely opportunity to meet her in real life too!  So let me introduce Cassie of Rainbow Lollies!

Tell us a bit about yourself.
Hello lovely people. Firstly thank you to Deb of Two Cheeky Monkeys for featuring me as one of her Friday Featured sellers. Since you are here that means you are somewhat curious as to who I am. I am Cassie and I am a craftaholic. Ok maybe not that bad but I certainly have a very busy life. On days when I am not working as a Payroll Administrator (my day job), I am looking after my active toddler and making sure that there is always dinner on the table for hubby. Oh did I mention that I also run my little handmade business online called Rainbow Lollies? My hobby is crafting (if you have not guessed it by now) and also reading (children books are my favourite). I think that chocolate should be zero calories and yet still yummy. A day should have more than 24 hours so I have time do all things I have to do. We can still function like normal human beings despite having very little sleep.

Dr Who cufflinks!!!

Describe yourself in five words.
Shy, busy, sweet, dreamer, easily excitable (ok that was a phrase - sorry exceeded my 5 word limit!)
 
When and how did you first start crafting/creating?
My earliest crafting memory was when I started making board games from pieces of plain cardboard because my brother and I got bored with the store bought ones. I think I was around 9 or 10 years old. I also made a scrapbook filled with my drawings of animals and stories to go with it.
 
What do you create and what are your favourite materials with which to work?
I love trying out all kinds of craft. My creative space is like a natural disaster. Forever messy and filled to the brim with all kinds of projects. My Rainbow Lollies label carries a range of cufflinks, earrings as well as fun accessories like brooches and key rings. I must say my favourite material will always be Japanese fabric simply because I love anything cute (and the Japanese are well known for that!)

Christmas button magnets
 
When and how did you start selling online?
I started selling online a little over a year ago. I remembered thinking that I really want to be able to work from home and spend more time with my son. Of course I don't want just any work. I want to do something that I am passionate about, which is to be able to sell something that I make myself. I did some Googling and stumbled upon Etsy. Googled some more and then found Madeit. Both sites I fell in love with and decided to set up online stores to try my luck.
 
Describe your store in five words.
Fun, colourful, cute, happy, quirky.
 
Who or what are the influences behind your creations?
I would say children because the world always look different when you see it through their eyes. Also the handmade community. Everyone is talented in their own way and I am constantly amazed and inspired by the new creations that pop up daily.

Pink apple keyring
 
Where can we find you online?
I am on these social sites and I would love it if you could hang around longer
Twitter : www.twitter.com/rainbowlolllies
FB : www.facebook.com/rainbow.lollies.handmade
Blog : http://www.rainbowlollies.blogspot.com/
Store : www.madeit.com.au/rainbowlollies or http://www.rainbowlollies.etsy.com/

Special Offer:
Both my Madeit and Etsy shops are having a pre-Christmas sale where you get 10% off any item (excluding shipping). Mention "Two Cheeky Monkeys" in the message to seller when you checkout and I will include a bonus gift in your package.

And a GIVEAWAY!
Cassie is offering a lucky dip pack including 1 pair of button earrings, large button hair elastic, large paperclip bookmark and 2 button magnets valued at $20.  What do you have to do to win?

Do any of the following and leave me a SEPARATE comment for each entry:
1. Tell me your favourite item from Cassie's stores.
2. Follow my blog or Cassie's blog.
3. Follow me or Rainbow Lollies on Twitter.

This giveaway is open worldwide and a winner will be drawn at 8pm (AEDT), December 8 using random.org

48 comments:

  1. I like the Felt Coin Purse with the Owl design, such sweet colors.

    yumihamano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your blog with gfc, thanks for the lovely giveaway.

    yumihamano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite item is the Brooch Pin. Polkadot Hearts. Red Blue. Fifties love theme.So cute!

    bd_657(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow your blog via GFC under Berendina Dykema

    bd_657(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following Rainbow Lollies on Twitter.

    @TheArtOfBaking

    bd_657(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fav are Earring Set. Studs. Azure Skies. Vintage Cabochon. Flower.

    agnieszkazg (at) o2 (dot) pl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following both blogs as agnieszkazg

    agnieszkazg (at) o2 (dot) pl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm following both on twitter as agusiazg

    agnieszkazg (at) o2 (dot) pl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Fabric Keychain "Apple season"!

    danaan at gmx dot at

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following your blog on GFC (Birgit)

    danaan at gmx dot at

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cassie's shop is wonderful! My favorite item is the Yellow Duck Mini Purse, as well as the adorable snowman button magnets :)

    dsauers7(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following both of your blogs; I subscribed to Cassie's via Google Reader and am following you on GFC as Danielle/See Shop Love!

    dsauers7(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following both of you on Twitter as gimmetweets3

    dsauers7(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. following Ranibow Lollies via email.
    Linda Jarraf,Lindajlue@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the owl on a branch mini-purse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow you on twitter @jill_hogan

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the yellow chicks on navy little purse!
    butler83ataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a follower of your blog!
    butler83ataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite item is the Flower earrings. Pale pink bouquet. Ear studs. Ivory tinge.
    niuniuzheng at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a follower.

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Star Earrings. Yellow tones. Petite. Mini.

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I’m a Twitter follower of Rainbow Lollies @aikchien

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I follow your blog on GFC.

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow you on twitter! @ElfRenee

    ReplyDelete
  25. i like the apple delicious key chains!

    lmlynch2 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. following you on GFC (laura l)

    lmlynch2 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the felt coin purses and flowers!
    rawhorne at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like the colors in the Fabric button earrings - Flower Garden. ambrerose at(aol) dot9[com]

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are my favorite!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/87545017/fabric-button-magnets-round-christmas

    krafterskorner21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow both your blogs.

    krafterskorner21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow both of you on Twitter.

    krafterskorner21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very hard to pick a favorite but I do love her little elephant embellishments.

    Adorable shop.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the little owl pouch! Her whole shop is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Christina - xristya@rock.com - I love the Yellow Duck Mini Purse and the Button Magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Pink Apple Key Chain, this is my favorite, so cute!
    blancetcaramel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like the fabric elephant embellishments.
    fec527 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. New follower.
    fec527 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. krisj_27@hotmail.com

    I LOVE Rose Earrings Green Vintage design Mini size

    ReplyDelete
  39. The felt ducklings are cute and would love one!

    I'm following both you and Rainbow Lollies!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice work Cassie - I love the fabric hair ties as well as bobby pins http://www.etsy.com/listing/81485620/button-hair-pins-hair-tie-snowflakes-red ....but lots of cute things in your store.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am now following you on FB Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  42. And I follow you too Deb - Blog and FB....

    ReplyDelete
  43. love, LOVE the felt owl coin purse. :-) Thanks so much! cute, cute. joleehamlin [at] comcast [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  44. follow her blog! :-) joleehamlin [at] comcast [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  45. My favorite is the Hair Pins! In Red Pink Orange flower bouquet!


    yuri.kristi at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  46. I follow you on twitter (id: 2thousandthings)

    yuri.kristi at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!