Wednesday 7 December 2011

My Creative Space - Christmas

beaded snowflake ornament aqua silver white

A few months ago I bought a set of snowflake wire blanks with the thought that the cheeky monkeys would just love to create some beaded snowflake ornaments.  After four days in a row of beading, complaining about dropped beads and going cross-eyed, we finally have a set of beaded snowflake ornaments for our Christmas tree!  The monkeys had a lot of fun choosing which beads to use and deciding on the designs, although they did find threading seed beads onto the thick-ish wire a bit trying for their little fingers.  I prefer the snowflakes which have the same design on each spoke, but they are all so pretty and sparkly hanging on our tree that I can't help but smile when I see them all.

beaded snowflake ornament black burgundy wine pink

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I bet they look great shinning in the lights on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things shiny especially this time of year! They look fab! I've been meaning to try these for the last few year but have never gotten around to it. Wonder if I will find the time this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a kit too, I've had it for years--it was too challenging for my kiddos when I bought it. Perhaps I should bring it out again, because yours are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!