Monday 19 December 2011

DUST Team Christmas Swap

After all the fun I had participating in the last DUST craft swap, I decided that I most definitely had to join the Christmas swap!  It was decided that the Christmas swap would be run under a kris kringle/secret Santa format where recipients wouldn't know from whom their gift was coming until it arrived.  The secrecy involved in this swap has added a lot of excitement to the whole affair and I can tell you that I was very excited when a large package arrived on my front doorstep!

image spoon pendant necklace purple resin delicious designz get spooned
A gorgeous spoon pendant!

shabby chic fabric Christmas wreath
My girls and I love this shabby chic fabric wreath

I was so thrilled to see that my package was from Del of Delicious Designz.  Del creates the most amazing resin jewellery (my sister and I are proud owners of Del's funky resin bangles) and fun crochet hats, beanies and shoes.  And how lovely are the surprises she sent to me?!?!  I have admired Del's spoon pendants for some time now and I have worn the necklace she sent to me almost every day!  I also have a fondness for Christmas wreaths and Del's fabric wreath brought a big smile to my face.  My girls love it too, especially the crocheted hearts dangling from the wreath hanger.  Thank you so much Del, we will love your creations for a long time to come!!!

beaded book mark Two Cheeky Monkeys
vintage encyclopaedia text Christmas ornament beaded

Here are photos of two of the items I sent to my recipient: a beaded book mark and a vintage text Christmas ornament.  The ornament is a brand new design which I had a lot of fun creating but I wasn't able to roll it out in time for Christmas this year.  The cameo setting holds a snippet of text from a vintage encyclopaedia and a is a definition of the word "rose", one of the favourite flowers of my recipient.  What do you think?  Would you hang these ornaments on your Christmas tree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!