Thursday 9 February 2017

Chinese New Year Celebrations

So I completely forgot to take photos of the AMAZING spread my family and our friends put together for Chinese new year the other weekend, but today I'm sharing a quick pic of potsticker dumplings (jiaozi) I made from scratch with the Cheeky Monkeys.  I figure that Chinese new year is traditionally celebrated for two weeks, so I'm not too late with the Chinese food photos!

jiaozi potsticker dumplings cabbage and pork two cheeky monkeys

These are amongst the Cheeky Monkeys' favourite Chinese dumplings and not too hard to make.  So if you want to try making some for yourself (including the dumpling skins), a good place to start is Poh Ling Yeow's (who remembers Poh from season 1 of Masterchef?) easy recipe here.  The only alteration I make to the recipe is to throw in a little chopped coriander to the dumpling filling, because we all love coriander and there's usually some in my fridge waiting to be used up.  Oh, and I ALWAYS make a larger quantity than the recipe states - one can never have too many dumplings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!