Thursday 4 April 2013

Resting, resting...1, 2, 3


It has been two weeks since my surgery to remove the needle shard in my foot and resting is becoming a little tedious!  I've gone through several phases of cabin fever, to the point that Mr Cheeky Monkeys took me to church and a family lunch on Good Friday (missing church is just one of the pitfalls of having to rest my injured foot) and has taken me out for coffee/hot chocolate too.  And while I'd love to be able to tell you all about how great my recovery has been going, I unfortunately can't.  Because, as much as I've been struggling with the enforced rest, it has not been enough and my foot is still mildly infected at the injury site and there is also a bit of nerve damage from the accident and subsequent surgery.
So, I am now in my third week of resting and not being able to drive.  I am still hobbling around the house, which is probably not such a good idea, as well as taking what I think is my third or fourth course of anbitiotics.  I'll be honest and tell you that this has really gotten me down and pretty frustrated, but I guess God knows what he's doing and is trying to teach me patience and to accept help from others (both things I'm awful at doing).
And, the cheeky monkeys have been pleased that I've used my down time to work on creating.  With the colder weather suddenly appearing, they have both asked for new scarves to wear when walking to school.  They have both chosen ridiculously fluffy yarn to work with, but as you can see, I've already managed to make a passable crocheted scarf for Monkey #2.  Monkey #1 is now waiting for me to get the correct size crochet hook so that I can make her scarf.  I'll also be trying to post more frequently, but blogging has been taking a back seat due to the fact that it's hard to rest with your foot up and take photos (and you know I love having at least one photo in my blog posts).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!