Wednesday 10 April 2013

Once Bitten, Twice Shy - My Creative Space

image yellow heart christmas ornament fabric cotton blossom lace button

You know the saying, "Once bitten, twice shy"?  Well, I have certainly been feeling that way about needles since my sewing needle injury last month.  I kind of shudder every time I see a sewing needle (or tailor's pins for that matter) and have really had to push myself to get back into my sewing (but only hand sewing at the moment as the foot is still out of action).  This little heart-shaped ornament is the first sewn creation I have made since getting home from hospital.  It is completely hand sewn, and was kind of fun to make, and I was very careful with the needle.  I have a few more sewing projects I plan to tackle once I can use my sewing machine again.  And hopefully I won't shudder quite so much at the sight of the pins and needles!

image yellow heart christmas ornament fabric cotton blossom lace button

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!