Wednesday 11 January 2012

My vintage book obsession continues...


I know, I know, you are probably starting to think that I might need some "help", but I really can't get enough of creating new and interesting things with vintage book pages!  I got the idea for this funky flower while surfing the web for repurposed creations and I love its quirkiness.  The book page flowers are strengthened and stabilised by being sewn onto felt and then a vintage button from my stash was added to the top for a bit of colour.
I haven't got a use for these flowers as yet, so my prototype flower is sitting in my creativity journal waiting to inspire me to make some more for a concrete purpose.  Perhaps I'll turn them into brooches or hair accessories for Two Cheeky Monkeys or string a bunch together to make floral garlands for Domum Vindemia.  What do you think?  Would you wear a vintage book flower brooch or hair clip?  Or are you more likely to hang a garland of these unusual flowers in your home or office?


2 comments:

  1. I see this as the beginning of something good! Don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! I'd love to have something like this to just stick on the front of a plain journal.

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!