Monday 9 January 2012

Mango pudding - a gorgeous summer dessert

Quite a few people have been asking for my mum's super simple mango pudding recipe so I thought that I would share it on my blog with all of you!  I absolutely adore mangoes, perhaps because of spending the first seven years of my life in Singapore, where my aunt had an amazing mango tree in her garden.  One of the desserts that just screams "summer" to me is mango pudding!  Here's how you can quickly whip up your own sweet summery surprise.

A portion of mango pudding sitting in my bowl waiting to be devoured!

 Ingredients:
2 x 85g packets of mango jelly crystals
1 Tb gelatine
375 ml evaporated milk
425ml hot water
1-2 mangoes, diced

Method:
1. Dissolve gelatine and mango jelly in the hot water.
2. Thoroughly mix in the evaporated milk and mango pieces.
3. Pour your mango mix into a large jelly mould or other suitable container and refrigerate until set.
4. Unmould your mango pudding to serve or serve it in the container - either way, you will utterly delight your guests!

9 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious(got me drooling now)! I dont think I can find mango jelly crystals here though but will find out. Thanks for entering my giveaway and good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious, I just had a mango smoothie :)i hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I am also hosting a giveaway :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks luscious. I don't think I've ever seen mango jelly crystals though. I'll have to look around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely buy mangoes mainly because our little grocery store has never carried them. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds easy. Husband looooves mangoes. I prefer pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy.....cant wait til summer....♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to try it. I don't recall ever seeing mango jelly crystals around though!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!