Tuesday 3 August 2010

Works in Progress and Store Sneak Peeks

Things have been pretty busy in the Two Cheeky Monkeys world of late, so I have been struggling to find enough time to work on new designs and creations.  Those of you who are my Facebook fans or friends will know that I have been slowly working on some new headband and bracelet designs.  So...here are some photos of my works in progress and a sneak peek of a new bracelet style which will be hitting the stores in the next week or two.

image of crochet flower button and ribbon headband

The first item is a ribbon and flower headband I made for myself.  I find this style of headband to be more comfortable for my oddly-shaped head.  I bought some cute crochet flowers from Beadles and Pins and they are just perfect for fun accessories such as this headband.  And, since I am feeling uncomfortable looking so closely at my ear, let's move on to the next photo...

image of double flower headband crochet flowers buttons

This is another flower and ribbon headband and the flowers were also from Beadles and Pins.  This headband is going to my older niece (actually, Malcolm's niece) and is made in colours which really suit her fair colouring.  I have had a lot of fun raiding my button stash for these two headbands, but being slightly OCD, I am thinking that I really should have chosen matching buttons for the flowers.
I really, really love this style of headband and am looking to add them as a new range to my Etsy and Madeit stores, but using vintage and beaded appliques as the adornment instead of crocheted flowers.

image of beaded bar bracelet black silver jewellery jewelry Two Cheeky Monkeys firepolish

Finally, this cute little bracelet is going to be a new addition to my bar jewellery range.  I have enjoyed making my bar necklaces and I thought it was time to expand the range into bracelets too.  For the moment I have only used firepolish beads for the bracelets, but I plan to start creating these fun bracelets with other beads (such as freshwater pearls) too.

4 comments:

  1. Oh those headbands are gorgeous! And I think the buttons you chose are perfect!! Love the bracelet too - off to your shop to check out the bar necklaces. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers for hair pieces are adorable! I love the colors you chose, I'm sure there are many a young lady who would love to wear these!

    cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bracelet. Tho the headbands are quite cute too.

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!