Wednesday 25 August 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award

I am a little embarrassed sharing this with all of you, but I will in thanks to the two lovely ladies who bestowed this fun award on my little blog.  Thank you so much to Verity of Joie de Tea and Samara of Maddabling who both awarded me with the Versatile blogger award!


Awardees (is that a word?) are asked to do the following:
1. Thank the giver and link their blog in your post.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 15 recently discovered blogs.
4. Contact the bloggers to let them know about the award

So, here are seven things about me which you may not know:
1. I completed two thirds of an Arts degree before deciding to follow my passion for science and take on a PhD instead (that was a little foolish in hindsight, but that's by the by).
2. I think it is fun to let the kids hop into bed with us when they get scared in the middle of the night (except if they kick me or poke me in the eye!)
3. I have no qualms about eating "lunch and dinner foods" for breakfast.
4. I have an eclectic taste in music and will listen to classical, jazz, pop and rock.  But I don't do country and western or techno.  Or death metal, LOL.
5. I sometimes treat my daughters like they are my dollies (yes, I am a bad mother aren't I?!)
6. I am very, very good at procrastinating.
7. Every now and then I toy with the idea of adopting a child, especially a special needs one.

Now, I am supposed to nominate 15 other bloggers for this award, but I have not been keeping up with my blog reading of late and I am bad at following these kinds of rules so here are just some of the blogs I love or have recently discovered.

One Red Robin
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Calico and Co.
Crafty Missus D
Crafty Crackpot

If you want to find some more great blogs, check out Verity and Samara's posts, there are some lovely blogs they have nominated.

2 comments:

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!