If you grew up in the 1970s and early 1980s, you will have probably been indundated with all manner of macrame items both store bought and handmade. And while many of the macrame specimens from that era look outdated and a little kitsch, there are many fantastic modern takes on this age old creative art. Here are seven of my favourite tutorials - enjoy!
1. Add some boho-inspired fun to your walls with a feather-adorned wall hanging.
2. Macrame isn't just for the home, you can wear it with a modern take, such as this ombre dip-dyed necklace.
3. Grew up with memories of hanging pot plants in macrame hangers? You'll love this mod-looking Josephine knot vase hanger.
4. Add macrame to your wardrobe with this clever t-shirt refashion!
5. One of my favourite uses for macrame - funky bracelets!
6. Got some free time this weekend? Then try whipping up a comfortable macrame hammock so you can relax in style.