Friday 11 September 2015

Shabby Chic Doily Buntings

image domum vindemia doily bunting shabby chic upcycled aqua blue pastel blue

I usually post about my latest book buntings and favourite children's stories, but today I am posting about my first love, shabby chic doily buntings.  A sudden influx of customer orders left me with only one doily bunting in-store, the horror (but so happy to see buntings flying off to new homes)!  Not happy with this state of affairs at Domum Vindemia, I quickly set to sewing up a host of new and colourful buntings!

image domum vindemia doily bunting shabby chic upcycled sunshine yellow canary

Because the doilies I upcycle for these buntings usually come in neutral tones, I like to add a splash of colour by using coloured bias binding for the bunting "ribbon".  I've added a few new colours (teal and pastel blue/aqua) as well as re-adding a perennial favourite, yellow.  Some of the new buntings have already gone off to new homes, so I'm really pleased with my choice of new colours.  Do you have a favourite?

image domum vindemia doily bunting shabby chic upcycled teal turquoise blue peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!