Wednesday 24 December 2014

Boo Radley: The Quiet Hero

While Mr Cheeky Monkeys thinks it's a little funny that I am "memorialising" Boo Radley in my literature jewellery pieces, I know that there are plenty of people out there who are fans of Harper Lee's social outcast and unassuming hero.  In fact, so many people admire Boo that I have already sold multiple sets of Boo Radley earrings!

image pocketwatch necklace boo radley to kill a mockingbird harper lee blue navy cobalt lock two cheeky monkeys


So after making the Atticus Finch watch necklace last week, I decided I had to make a Boo Radley one too!  This necklace was inspired by the broken pocketwatch Boo leaves for Jem and Scout in the knothole of a tree on the Radley property.  While the bead choices were made simply because I love to team blue beads with antiqued brass, the heart-shaped lock charm symbolises Boo's kindness and also his tacit incarceration in his own home by his family.

image pocketwatch necklace boo radley to kill a mockingbird harper lee blue navy cobalt lock two cheeky monkeys

I've had so much fun putting together my newest watch necklaces; I'm thinking I will have to make some more!  So which literary character would you like to see embodied in a pocketwatch necklace?  And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!