Wednesday 19 February 2014

Goldilocks, Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales

image golden book bunting fairytale nursery rhyme goldilocks and the three bears domum vindemia

When I was a very small girl, my favourite bedtime story was Goldilocks and the Three Bears.  I loved it so much that I insisted my dad had to read it to me EVERY night before I went to bed.  My poor dad got so bored of that story that he would change parts of it to see if I noticed (which I did, of course)!  Even though I rarely read Goldilocks nowadays (the Cheeky Monkeys can read for themselves), I still have a love of my childhood fairy tales and nursery rhymes.

image the owl and the pussycat bunting golden book edward lear domum vindemia

This love of traditional rhymes and tales (and memories of my large collection of Golden Books) was a major reason for starting my Golden Book line of buntings.  While Disney-themed buntings, such as Bambi, have been much sought after by customers, I am also making more traditional tales (like The Owl and The Pussycat) for those who love the old classics.  So tell me, which classic stories do you prefer: the traditional stories, or the Disney-ised versions of old tales?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!