Wednesday 23 October 2013

A Holiday Art Class


image osmosis children's art and craft glasshouse gallery port macquarie kidspot

As you may have noticed from my previous posts about artists I had discovered, I really enjoyed visiting the Glasshouse gallery during my recent trip to Port Macquarie.  But it wasn't just me who had fun there, not only did the entire Cheeky Monkeys family have a great lunch at their cafe, the little Cheeky Monkeys also enjoyed a free, one hour art and craft class designed for primary school-aged kids.

image osmosis children's art and craft glasshouse gallery port macquarie kidspot

The class we attended had a simple, but eye-catching project to complete, a wall hanging based on the water-themed "Osmosis" exhibit at the gallery.  The Cheeky Monkeys had a lot of fun tying crepe paper, cellophane and curling ribbons to their creations, and they especially loved attaching the shiny diamantes and acrylic rhinestones to the dangling ribbons.  I was a little worried about how we were going to get such delicate creations safely home to Melbourne, but they survived the trip and now decorate my house in rather inconvenient locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!