Thursday 5 September 2013

Bernadette Gets a Cover

Okay, so I am a little ashamed to admit that, even though I've owned my sewing machine (Bernadette) for five years, I have only just gotten a cover for her to keep all the dust off.  Slack, I know, but I think it was partly due to my rather hopeless dream of finding a hard, protective cover for her (this model doesn't have hard covers made to fit them).

image sewing machine cover purple aqua turquoise blue yellow peacock kate spain cuzco moda charm pack

Anyway, after looking at this very easy tutorial over on the Sew Delicious site, I finally found the time to make faithful Bernie a cover for her very own.  This fabric sewing machine cover tutorial is very easy to follow, though I did make a few alterations to suit my sewing skills (I didn't quilt my cover).  I used Kate Spain's Cuzco charm pack for the outside of the cover, and a vintage pillowcase for the lining.  The bias binding was leftover from this project.  I know not all of my seams are perfectly placed, but I'm still pretty pleased with the final result.

image sewing machine cover purple aqua turquoise blue yellow peacock kate spain cuzco moda vintage paisley pillowcase white

Do you sew?  And if you do, did your machine come with a cover, or did you make one for it?  Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic! I love Cuzco, it's such a beautiful range. Thanks so much for using my tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!