Friday 22 March 2013

Flying Bach

image red bull flying bach flying steps breakdance programme baroque

Last weekend Mr Cheeky Monkeys and I had the opportunity to attend the Red Bull Flying Bach dance performance (yay for babysitters).  I first saw advertising for this dance tour back in early December 2012 and was immediately drawn to it because of my love of Bach's music and my love of various styles of dance.  To many, the concept of combining classical Baroque music with very contemporary breakdancing might seem a bit odd, but the performers pulled it off!  I'll have to admit there were a few moments I found a little surreal (like watching a bunch of B-boys doing headspins and handglides while a real live harpsichord was being played), but I am very glad I got the chance to see this performance, injured foot and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!