Friday 17 September 2010

Feature Friday and Special Offer - with2ns Designs

This week's featured artist has been an online friend and fellow DUST member for quite some time now.  She has a beautiful range of creations but I especially love the cute coin purses she makes!  So, without further ado, let me introduce to you Dannielle of with2ns Designs.

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I’m Dannielle Cresp and I’m 24 years old. I live on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, about an hour south of Melbourne. I am a full time creator, after completing uni last year I was able to get into the NEIS program that assists Australians wanting to start their own business both financially and with business help. It has been a fantastic help so far.

Describe yourself in five words.
Determined. Shy. Friendly. Fun-loving. Designer.


When and how did you first start crafting and creating?
I started crafting as a child. I think I was 5 or 6 when my Grandmother taught me to use her sewing machine. I continued well into my teens but stopped as school got busier. I started up again around 2009 after I found my sewing machine that was a 21st birthday gift and decided to try to make a bag from a pattern in my head. I’m not all that great at other crafts but I do enjoy the sewing machine.

What do you create and what are your favourite materials with which to work?
I started creating bags and accessories and have now moved into wall panels as well. With the bags my favourite materials are quilting weight cotton and the magnetic snap catches. To me the magnetic snaps make bags so much easier to use in day to day situations, much better than those pesky zips!
With the wall panels, I enjoy creating them in Photoshop but I think my favourite part is the construction phase and using the electric staple gun to make the frame and mount the canvas.




When and how did you start selling online?
I started selling online on Etsy in March of 2009.  I did it to try and make a little cash whilst in my final year of uni and after I had lost my job. I enjoyed it so much I turned it into a business.

Describe your store in five words.
Bright. Eclectic. Bold. Fun. Inviting.

Who or what are the influences behind your creations?
I am influenced by the springtime; by bright and bold colours; by pop culture and by everyday life. I find the regular everyday things can be interesting if you look at them in a different way.




Where can we find you online?

SPECIAL OFFER: Dannielle is offering all Two Cheeky Monkeys readers 10% OFF until the end of October.  Please enter the code CHEEKYMONKEYS at checkout to receive your discount.

2 comments:

  1. Great feature- it's always nice to meet fellow crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview Danielle and Deb! She's so cute!! following your love and passion - thats what it should be about! love that!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!