I think this will be the last blog post this year where I mention the Two Cheeky Monkeys' annual school fete, I promise! Every year the fete committee decide on a theme for the fete and everyone is invited to dress up for the day. This year, our fete theme is "Carnivale", so the Cheeky Monkeys have decided to go decked out in their brightest, most colourful clothes, topped off with a floral headpiece a la Frida Kahlo. Of course, I was asked to create said floral headpieces, so I decided to write up a tutorial as well!
- fabric faux flowers (I used polyester ones, but you may want to go for the more luscious silk flowers)
- fabric-covered headband (or cover a plastic or metal one yourself)
- hot glue and hot glue gun
1. Remove the fabric flowers from the stems, vines or whatever base to which they're attached. Snip off as much of the stem of the flower as possible to flatten out the flower base without resulting in your flower falling apart into separate petals.
2. Decide on the arrangement you want for your flowers and start attaching them to the headband with hot glue.