Tuesday 28 April 2020

A roundup of quince recipes

Quinces - those fruit that I always think I'd like to try cooking with, but never do.  But, now that we're all living in self-isolation thanks to a certain virus, I found myself the proud purchaser of a box of quinces and other fruit direct from a friend's sister's farm (long story).
Of course, I've since been madly baking away with the various fruit in the box, so here is a roundup of quince recipes I've been trying out.  Enjoy!

poached quince recipe two cheeky monkeys

1. Unless you're making quince paste, you need to cook your quinces before using them. I love the spice combination of the poaching liquid in this recipe.

quince paste recipe

2. Quince paste, possibly most people's first exposure to the enigmatic fruit (and delicious with a selection of cheeses).

almond and quince cake recipe

3. This cake was so good my family ate half of it in one sitting (hey, it was on the smaller side)!

upside down quince cake recipe

4. Upside down cake minus the 1980s kitsch.

quince and almond muffins recipe

5. These muffins call for dried quince, but adding cold, poached quince works just as well, if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!