Friday 4 April 2014

Something Old, Something New With a Little Twist

Would you believe it's been more than a week since I've blogged about upcycling literature???  I know there are some who are continually horrified by the thought of me cutting up books (even if they are old, battered and unloved), but I really am convinced that my creations bring classic literature to audiences in a new way!

image thumbtack set push pins pushpins pride and prejudice mr darcy jane austen lizzy bennet mr bingley

This past couple of weeks I have been working on some new upcycled literature creations for Domum Vindemia.  I am adding to my literature homewares range with items for your home or work office - thumbtacks (or push pins as they are also called).

image thumbtack set push pins pushpins romeo and juliet shakespeare play literature home office work office verona tybalt

This new range was inspired by a customer who fell in love with my literature buttons range and asked if I could create a set of Jane Eyre thumbtacks which looked like my button sets.  I had a lightbulb moment and am now really excited to be adding this new range of creations to my stores.  I just love it when I find an idea which is a twist on what I'm already creating!  What do you think?

image thumbtack set jane eyre push pins pushpins charlotte bronte mr rochester miss eyre adele varens helen burns home office work office pinboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!