Wednesday 12 October 2011

My Creative Space - Bunting

Adele Bunting

I am absolutely loving sewing buntings for my Domum Vindemia store at the moment!  Although I always get a little nervous cutting vintage napkins and doilies to size for each bunting, I really enjoy the creative process.  And viewing the completed product is a sure way to bring a smile to my face!  This bunting is a little different from my previous creations as the crocheted edges and corners of the beautiful napkins I used inspired me to try something a little more "girly".  Rather than merely joining each napkin "flag" with plain bias binding, I added a strip of vintage, pink ribbon to the bias.
I also folded the rayon ribbon into ruffles to add interest to the design and am quite pleased with how it's turned out.  Unfortunately, I ran out of ribbon just before I reached the end of my bunting, so I am impatiently waiting for my supplies to arrive so that I can finish sewing the Adele bunting and hopefully sew a few more buntings in this style.  So what do you think?  Do you like my extra girly bunting or do you prefer my standard style?

3 comments:

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!