Tuesday 25 October 2016

Wuthering Heights...With A Twist

I know you all know by now just how much I love working on custom creations.  But sometimes, a custom order enthrals me much more than others due to the back story behind the commission.  This latest custom creation was one of them, capturing my heart with the loving and romantic motivation my customer had in reaching out to me.

image cufflinks cuff links wuthering heights quote literature emily bronte two cheeky monkeys with a twist whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same

If you're a literature buff who knows Wuthering Heights well (or at least all the famous quotes), you will notice something a little off with the quote in this set of cuff links.  Can you see it???  For those who can't, the quote should read, "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

image cufflinks cuff links wuthering heights quote literature emily bronte two cheeky monkeys with a twist whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same

However, this set was commissioned as a wedding gift from a loving sister to her brother.  And she asked to alter the quote to read hers instead of his as a representation of her brother's love for his fiancee and bride-to-be.  So really, how could my heart not melt, knowing that these cuff links were created for a loving family eagerly awaiting a special day and the inclusion of a new family member!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!