Tuesday 8 January 2019

Cheat's Chocolate and Nougat Ice Cream

As someone who grew up in southeast Asia and Australia, the concept of a white Christmas and all the traditional cold weather Christmas food is something I still struggle to get my head around.
Which is why I often look for food ideas that are more suited to a day that may reach 38 Celsius (20-25 C if you're lucky).
So this last Christmas, inspired by my love of nougat, chocolate, and ice cream, I whipped up a very easy summer dessert to spoil our loved ones at our various Christmas celebrations.
Here's how to make your own summer treat!

diy cheat's chocolate and nougat ice cream recipe

Ingredients
- 2 litres of good quality vanilla ice cream
- 150-200 g soft torrone nougat bar (I used Quaranta's strawberry nougat and country berries nougat)
- 100g dark chocolate bits
- 100g milk chocolate bits

1. Chop the nougat into 1cm cubes.  Open the chocolate packets, ready to pour into the ice cream.
2. Scoop the ice cream into the bowl of your stand mixer (or large mixing bowl if you are using a hand held mixer).
3. Place the empty ice cream tub back into the freezer.
4. Gently mix the vanilla ice cream until softened, then add in the nougat and chocolate pieces.
5. When thoroughly mixed, put the ice cream back into the original ice cream tub and freeze for at least 5 hours, or until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!