Wednesday 12 August 2015

Superladies to the rescue!

I have been in love with Camelot Fabrics' "Girl Power" fabric line for some time now, and this week (while recovering from a bad sinus/cold lurgy) I finally got my wish to play with this fun fabric.  I decided to make a large-ish purse/clutch using the kisslock frame I purchased from Tomato on our recent trip to Japan, because I have always had a thing for kisslock purses.

image two cheeky monkeys girl power kisslock frame purse clutch batgirl superwoman supergirl wonder woman camelot fabrics

Now if you remember all the way back to this post about my first attempt at making a kisslock frame purse, you will remember that I was pretty nervous about it and had a few struggles with tricky steps.  Being older, wiser and more experienced now, I thought this wouldn't be a problem.  But guess what?  I still had some trouble with sewing the part of the purse where the frame hinge sits!  I also had trouble getting my purse into that frame without getting glue all over everything or getting high on the glue fumes!

image two cheeky monkeys girl power kisslock frame purse clutch batgirl superwoman supergirl wonder woman camelot fabrics

However, I managed it all and I am pretty happy with my results.  Perhaps using the grey colourway of the fabric as the purse lining is a bit much (it was a freebie from my supplier) teamed with the teal colourway as the outer, but having grown up with parents who loved superheroes (especially my dad!), sometimes more is more.  I am currently debating whether I want to sew a wristlet strap for this purse too.  I might have to use it a few times before I decide - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!