Wednesday 19 August 2015

A new crochet blanket in the works

Yes, I am working on a new crochet blanket!  And yes, yes, yes, I know, I only finally finished the blanket I started in August last year.  But that one has made periodic disappearances into the Cheeky Monkeys' bedrooms and play areas, so I have decided to work on a new blanket.

image crazy granny square circle in square crochet

This blanket will actually have a moderately planned colour scheme - shades of green, blue and purple.  I settled on making squares with the Crazy Granny Square pattern which I have admired for it's simplicity and fun design since I first learned to crochet.  Once all the squares are completed, I plan on "unifying" the squares with a round of neutral colour (grey, I think) and then joining them using the join as you go method.  Do you have a favourite granny square pattern?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!