Friday 21 August 2015

Re-visiting childhood - colouring book fun

The two cheeky monkeys and I are big fans of colouring in and I even have my set of Derwent colour pencils which my parents gave me for Christmas twenty years ago!  Needless to say, the rise in gorgeous intricate, hand-illustrated colouring books for adults has been on my radar for some time.  But I have studiously ignored it in the attempt to reign in my crafting/creative budget!

image secret garden colouring book johanna basford

However, after a recent book sale, I finally caved and rewarded myself with a copy of Johanna Basford's Secret Garden.  It is full of beautiful floral and entomological illustrations, and I have had fun slowly colouring in each little flower, leaf or insect (while madly trying to keep the little cheeky monkeys away from my book).  So tell me, are you a fan of this new craze for "adult" colouring books (both of the handmade and big budget variety)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!