Monday 26 May 2014

Things I Love: Creating With Felt

image pretty little felts book

I have always loved creating with felt because it is a versatile, affordable and very easy to use craft material (very important when little ones want to join in the creating).  I love the fact that it comes in a multitude of colours and prints as well as in several types (wool, acrylic, recycled, etc).  Last year I borrowed the delightful Pretty Little Felts from my local library and had a lot of fun creating one of the projects from this book (see here).  So, this year I am thinking that I should use some of my birthday money given to me by various lovely family members and purchase a copy for myself.

image made in felt magazine

Another great publication for felt crafts is Made in Felt, from the team which publishes Mollie Makes.  It is full of cute felt projects, many of which can be attempted by crafty novices and children.  And it also has links to great blogs, books and websites which share felt-based DIYs or sell beautiful felt creations.  Do you love to create with felt?

1 comment:

  1. I do love felt items but have only made a few items. I've got a fair sized stash but then got distracted into other things so must have look at it again. Love the mermaid on the made in felt mag.

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!