Tuesday 10 March 2020

The scales of justice

I was recently commissioned to create a uniqe art work to be given as a gift to a lawyer.  The brief (as it were)?  To design and produce quirky dictionary page art featuring the famed "scales of justice" that is so often featured at law courts and in other legal settings.

image scales of justice wall art lawyer gift balance vintage dictionary page domum vindemia

My customer and I ended up selecting a vintage illustration of a set of balance scales, the kind of thing that would have once been used in apothecaries or old-fashioned post offices.  This was then printed onto a dictionary page defining the word "justice", and finished off with a black framing mat.
I love the look of this whimsical but also regal-looking art print, and I hope its new owner will hang it pride of place in their law office!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!