Tuesday 21 February 2017

More English Literature

Thank you everyone for your well wishes this past week!  I am pretty much back to normal now, and raring to go with several plans I had temporarily put on hold.  Today I am showing off a few new creations which feature classic English literature from the late Victorian and Edwardian eras.

wine glass charms sherlock holmes moriarty john watson mycroft lestrade arthur conan doyle domum vindemia handmade barware

The first is a set of wine glass charms featuring some of my favourite characters from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories.  Like many, I loved Doyle's quirky detective before he became even more popular thanks to Robert Downey Jr's and Benedict Cumberbatch's film and TV portrayals of one of the most famous detectives in literature.

image wine glass charms set the wind in the willows kenneth grahame handmade Domum vindemia ratty otter mole badger mr toad weasel chief

The second is a set of charms featuring the sweet, funny and naughty animals from Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in the Willows.  I recently took the Cheeky Monkeys to see The Australian Shakespeare Company's production of Grahame's most famous work, and it inspired me to include its characters in Domum Vindemia's more popular designs (you can currently find Mole, Toad, Rat and friends in our magnet sets and wine charm sets).  Which set is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!