Tuesday 7 October 2014

Sparkles Abound

image swarvoski crystal bangle cuff aqua blue pat bravo fabric rapture vivacious marvel orange

I had a bit of fun creating for myself during the school holidays just past with two rather sparkly creations gracing my craft table (and wrists!).  The above bangle was something a little different for me, being the first time I have used fabric in a jewellery creation.  I teamed the fun chevron-style Pat Bravo fabric (from the Rapture range) with beautifully sparkly Swarovski crystal sew-ons leftover from another project.  This bangle has garnered A LOT of compliments and I'm thinking I might make another one in a different design.

image wedding bracelet pearls baroque cream vintage rhinestone button stretch bracelet two cheeky monkeys

This second bracelet was created especially for me to wear to my friends' wedding reception.  It looks very fancy, but was ridiculously easy to put together!  The focal bead is actually a vintage rhinestone button which was given to me by a friend (along with a host of other great vintage buttons).  The glass pearls have simply been strung on elastic beading thread and secured to the button's shank, making this a very easy bracelet to put on or take off.  What do you think?  Do you ever make items for special occasions you attend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!