Wednesday 4 June 2014

A new Mr Darcy necklace

image mr darcy locket necklace pride and prejudice jane austen brass blue white vintage

Okay, so you may be excused for thinking that I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time making literature locket necklaces.  Well, not quite, but I do really love making them!  I have always loved lockets because of their vintage feel and I am a bit of a romantic who loves the idea of carrying a photo or tiny trinket from a loved one around on a necklace.

image mr darcy locket necklace pride and prejudice jane austen brass blue white vintage two cheeky monkeys

My latest literature locket necklace features not only a snippet of text mentioning Mr Darcy, but also some of my favourite vintage supplies.  There are vintage milk glass-style beads, a vintage Japanese-made cabochon and the locket itself is vintage brass.  Of course, I threw in a bit of asymmetry because I just can't resist asymmetrical designs.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!