Monday 24 February 2014

Tutorial Roundup - Friendship Bracelets

image friendship bracelet braid plait diamonds rhinestones bling

Having grown up in the 1980s (er, yes, that is how old I am!), I have fond memories of the knotted friendship bracelets that my friends and I made for each other.  Some of my friends were amazingly adept at creating the most intricate designs, whereas I was hopelessely limited to the most basic striped version and despaired of even successfully attempting the (also basic) chevron pattern.  Now that I'm a little older, friendship bracelets are back in vogue, and I have finally mastered the knot-tying technique so essential to making them.  For those of you who want to try making some yourselves, here are a selection of great tutorials.

image diy tutorial knotted friendship bracelet chevron bling rhinestone stripe pattern
Find a selection of patterns including asymmetrical chevron and blinged out versions.

image tutorial diy knotted friendship bracelet pattern heart arrow valentine valentine's day theme
The Purl Bee has two cute Valentine-themed patterns.

image diy tutorial knotted friendship bracelet pattern patterns charts
Braceletbook.com and Friendship-bracelets.net have a host of friendship bracelet charts to suit all experience levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!