Wednesday 17 July 2013

Crocheting For a Cause - Part 2

image crochet shawl blanket rainbow licorice allsorts hamlin fistula ethipio addis ababa crochet for a cause
 
Do you remember this post from two weeks ago?  Well, after almost two weeks of what felt like constant crocheting (amazing how much "free" time one has when one is recovering from foot surgery!), I finally finished the crocheted shawl destined for the Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital.  There were a few moments of angst when I thought the project would never end (have I mentioned before that I am a bad finisher of things???), but I made it and am proud to say that my count of large crocheted items has now risen to two, he he he.
 image crochet shawl blanket rainbow licorice allsorts hamlin fistula ethipio addis ababa crochet for a cause

If I decide to make another shawl for the hospital next year (shawl collection happens twice a year so that they can be shipped to Ethiopia in bulk), I think I might find a pattern which can keep me a little more interested while I make it.  (Having lots of old NCIS episodes to watch, as well as watching the 100th Tour de France with Mr Cheeky Monkeys helped too!)  But in the mean time, I hope you will all sit back and enjoy the photos of my "Licorice Allsorts" shawl with me.

3 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely amazing Deb! I wish I had your patience and generosity. I have to admit, it would have been very hard for me to donate something as spectacular as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love all of the colors! I would have a hard time finishing all those little squares and then stitching them together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous achievement. It's divine and I've no doubt it will be enjoyed by people at the hospital.

    Lovely colour combinations, it's just perfect.

    Catherine (Teluma Designs)

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!