Tuesday 6 April 2010

New Additions to the Glam It Up Range!

I know I've mentioned several times how much I love vintage beads, buttons, books, fabric, the list goes on.  So it seemed a logical step for me to create jewellery pieces which incorporated at least some vintage components.  I have been besotted with vintage glass jewels for months, but did not realise how besotted I was until a friend mentioned that she associates vintage jewels with me and called them my "trademark" range of jewellery.  She was referring to my Glam It Up range of vintage jewel earrings, and I have to admit that I love these so much that I made a pair for myself and wear them everywhere.


Today I have a sneak peek of some additions to this range, including a necklace.  I have been playing with new colours and designs and am excited about what I've created so far.

vintage teardrop jewel earrings emerald green gold hollywood
Emerald Green Teardrop Earrings

vintage glass jewel earrings peridot green silver hollywood glam
Peridot Green Earrings

vintage glass jewel earrings topaz brown gold hollywood glam by Two Cheeky Monkeys on Etsy
Topaz Brown Earrings (the big sister to the Mini Glam It Up Earrings)

vintage glass jewel necklace emerald green gold glam by Two Cheeky Monkeys on Etsy
Emerald Green Necklace

I noticed as I was writing this post that there is a bias towards the greens and a gold-plated finish!  There are also sapphire blue, turquoise and smoky grey items to come in a range of finishes, and I will be incorporating metal components, such as charms, into some of my designs as well.  If you have any colour combinations you would like to see, feel free to drop me a line!

5 comments:

  1. Wow ... loving the greens :) Green is my favourite colour & peridot is my birth stone., very nice. I'll have to start saving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty -- love the topaz earrings; such a beautiful color.

    Nice blog, too! I have 'blog envy' - it's nice how you have the links on the right.

    Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb :) They look fantastic :) I am looking forward to see the Sapphire Blue one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Deb, they all look fantastic! I am looking forward to see the sapphire blue as is one of my favorite colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love the green teardrops! lovely!!
    Thanks for the comments on my blog - the photo from today's post is not a double-exposure-shot. I cheated and Photoshopped two photos into one :P

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!