Wednesday 29 August 2012

My Creative Space

image velvet hair accessories bow tie yoyo suffolk puff lace vintage button forest green
 
Well, since my family is still taking it in turns to fall ill, I have resorted to working on relatively quick and small projects which can be done while sitting with a sick child.  The bow tie and lacey yoyo above are the two latest hair accessories I have made for my monkeys to wear to school (school colours are red and bottle green).  I used a lovely, old remnant of forest green velvet I found at one of my local op shops.  The fabric was a little hard to work with but my monkeys are pleased with the results.  Actually, the bow tie has got me thinking I will make some asymmetrical bow necklaces for Two Cheeky Monkeys and maybe share a tutorial on the blog too.
 
image locket necklaces gold-plated beaded Mr Darcy Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice
 
And speaking of my jewellery store, I have also managed to complete four new Mr Darcy locket necklaces to add to my upcycled book range of accessories.  Each locket has had one "window" inset with a snippet of text from Jane Austen's famous novel which includes the words "Mr Darcy".  I am planning to make more locket necklaces (including some round ones) but I am waiting on my new shipment of necklace chains to arrive before I can do much more.  So this is my "crafting with sickies" creative space.  What have you been making this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!